Popular Posts

Yamaha Vino Molte

Well the latest incarnation of the 2009 Vino is out and it is well, cute? hideous? not my place to comment but I will anyway

otherwise you would think someone else had hijacked my story. I would have to opt for the latter i.e. hideous. That is probably though because to me things like baskets are very useful but not really very attractive. Fact is I chopped the luggage rack off the back of my scooter!

So what's the low down? well according to our friends over at The Scooter Scoop (thanks guys) and a fairly horribly translated Japanese website the new Molte is a lower powered cosmetically altered "Little Sister" to the standard Vino 50. I'm not sure how adding a big, ugly (but probably very useful for transporting your own personal E.T. under a blanket... or bread) basket and moving the headlight stole half a killowatt... but apparently it did. Otherwise it would appear to be business as usual... although the Japanese translation did mention something about a "Beano mole ferricyanide XC50H" which I can only assume is some sort of killer rust poison, or potentially an anti theft chemical warfare scenario...